Monday, November 17, 2008

Bits and Pieces

We’ve been pretty busy the past week setting up our home and getting things ready for school. Our house is almost complete; we just need some kind of table/desk and then we’re set. Our apartment building is full of international students going to our school, and they have been wonderful. I guess as people graduate and leave they start passing out their belongings, so we’ve been the recipient of these hand me downs. From our neighbors we got: a table, chairs, stools, dishes, silverware, gas tank, 2 burner stove, water containers, and a couch. These were all things we would’ve had to buy, but the Lord just provided them through our neighbors.
Yesterday we went and did our medical exams, blood test and chest x-ray for our school to complete our application. We chose to wait and do it here in order to save some money. By doing it here we saved around $475. Yay!

Today we’ll be registering for classes and next Monday we’ll start school. I can’t believe it’s all really happening. After years of planning and preparing, it’s good to see God has making our dream a reality.

Here’s some pictures of random things for you to enjoy:


This beauty is my pride and joy. It's a hot water heater. Apartments here come with just cold water. Even though it's blazing hot here a cold shower just hurts me, so I knew in order to live here for 2 years a hot water heater is a must. Now, I don't take hot showers cause I would die of heat stroke, but a lukewarm shower is a good thing!

This is my sweet husband sweeping the floor in our kitchen/dining room. It's a local broom, so it looks quite different then what I'm used to at home. Behind him you can see some our borrowed items.

This was taken just down the street from our place. Rooster fighting is a big time thing here with men pampering their roosters and gambling on fights. I won't go into what I think about that, but all I have to say about these roosters is they wake up early and let the world know they're awake for the day!

1 comment:

mindy said...

My mother in law still uses that same kind of broom at their house in Seattle! funny :) and Ian's grandpa totally did the whole rooster fighting thing when they were still in the Philippines........yeah.