Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008 in Japan

On Christmas evening Uche's brother invited a few Nigerian guys over to eat Nigerian food to celebrate Christmas. In Japan, Christmas day is not a holiday, so it's a normal day that people work and do life as usual. So after everyone got off work they came over to celebrate Christmas and welcome us to Japan.

Uche with his nephew and their matching Santa hats.
My sister in law bought a cake for the celebration. She loves cake, another reason why she and I get along very well! I've been told that pretty much all the Japanese cakes come with fresh strawberries, there's also strawberries in the filling between the cake layers.
Candles came with the cake so the kids got to blow them out. I don't know if this was the first or second time they were lit. The little one didn't get to help the first time, so they were relit for her to help blow them out. Kids are the same all over the world!

Our niece doesn't like the cake, just the frosting, so she picked all the frosting off her piece. I think she probably got some frosting from her mom's piece as well!

The guys enjoying their Nigerian food. In my opinion Nigerians are the loudest people in the world, these guys didn't disprove my theory!

The international Ajero family.





No comments: