Saturday, March 14, 2009

Manila Malls

Earlier this evening I was at Trinoma mall. Usually we avoid malls on weekends here because it's wall to wall people and we just can't take constantly running into people, and trying to manuver around people, and the crowds of people all around. Can you guess there's lots of people that go malling here, yes they do use the word malling as a verb?? The first time we went into a mall on a weekend when we arrived last November, we vowed never again. You see, when we lived here before we spent our weekend at the malls, like every weekend. They were air conditioned and they had movie theaters, food and grocery stores, all one needed in life. But something happened in the years since we've returned. More people seem to be at the malls. But I braved the crowds today for a couple reasons, one Uche was going to be gone all afternoon and evening and I would be too bored at home by myself, and two, tomorrow is Uche's birthday, so I needed to buy a few things. So, I built up my courage and found an empty table at a coffee shop (not an easy task), wrote a six page paper, had an iced tea, then went and bought something Uche was eyeing the other day. I survived a Saturday afternoon/evening in the mall.



This picture was taken on Valentine's Day at Trinoma Mall. They were doing a concert in the center so a large part of the massive crowd was focused on that. But it pretty much sums up a typical crowd at Trinoma. It's a huge mall that I've yet to explore completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uche - have a happy birthday.

Troy