Monday, July 13, 2009

Silver lining

I woke up this morning around 4:30, which is not unusual for me, because since we moved back to the Philippines I have been waking up too early. 4:30am is a little too early for me, even though I am an early riser. By the way, Sarah is a late riser.
This morning I wasn't sure I would go jogging because of the rain. I hate to jog in the rain and it's been raining rats and cockroaches since we came back from summer break. So, I was still contemplating about the rain when I looked outside our window and guess what I saw, a silver lining in the sky. I couldn't hold my excitement as I went jogging. I wasn't the only one excited about the weather. I think school kids were probably most excited about it as they walked druggedly to school. I always pity the kids that have to be in school at the crack of dawn (5.15 - 5.20am). Can you believe that? No matter what time I go jogging, I always meet kids, first grade to high school, heading to school.
I like to go jogging early because that's when the weather is cooler, and there are also fewer people outside especially at the mall where I jog. I jog around the mall in our neighborhood. I basically circle round the mall a few times. It's one of the biggest malls in the Philippines and one lap is probably about one mile.
On my way back from jogging I started thinking about the implication of the silver lining. To me it signifies the end of the rain at the moment. I thought about its application in my life at this moment and I came up with the fact that no matter how gloomy or even rainy life may be today, there will be a silver lining in my sky. Challenges and trials will come but the Lord will always give us the strength to overcome (Psalm. 91:9).
May we see our silver lining as we face the challenges of today.

No comments: