Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sports Festival

Last Saturday was the Inter Seminary Sports Festival. Four different seminaries in town got together to play against each other. It was a pretty fun day, and we were exhausted and sore when we got home!

These kids are the children of students (maybe staff and faculty as well, not sure) of the Nazarene seminary and they sang a welcome song for all of us.

Here's some of our students underneath our tent. Our school color was that yellow you see there. I don't own anything yellow cause it looks bad on me, so I came in my white Tshirt.

So, I played volleyball. Apparently, I can play volleyball- didn't know that. I guess it's more accurate to say I can serve- scored 11 points in a row during one set! I'm not sure if I just hit the ball in this picture or if I'm getting ready to... if I'm getting ready to hit it I'm probably screaming in terror that it's coming towards me- I usually try to avoid the ball...

Here's our team. We did win one game. This is a great group of girls, so it was fun playing with them. I was roped into playing because they needed a sixth player. We decided that in order to motivate ourselves we'd pretend the ball was our assignments. So, that ball became an OT midterm, an exegetical paper and Hebrew in general! Just a little seminary humor for you!!

Uche played one game of soccer. Our school didn't have a soccer team, so he joined another. Most of the pictures I got were like this- of Uche running away. I would try to get a picture of him doing something but by the time the picture would be taken he I'd get this.

Ok, here's a good one.

So, I didn't think I'd be playing anything. I was planning on finding a tree and I brought some homework to work on... so no sunscreen. I totally didn't even think about it till the end of our last game, and I saw my arms were a little pink. If you look closely you can see the outline of white skin from my sunglasses on my face. My arms look worse in this picture than they were. No need to lecture- I KNOW I need to wear sunscreen.

No comments: