Friday, August 20, 2010

Climbing the mountain



How wonderful is your creation Oh Lord. Yet people believe in the big bang theory.

The last hurdle to get to the top. There was still a pile of snow up there

We had company up there. This little squirrel was friendly and so we shared our lunch with her

One good thing about Redding is that you don't have to go too far to be out on the mountain, lake, river, trail, out door shooting range or to go camping in the woods.

We enjoy a little hiking every once in a while. So a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to hike to the top of Mt. Lassen. I had wanted to do this for a while now, so when the opportunity presented itself, I couldn't miss it.

It was a great hike. my other two companions, whose names I wont mention (even though they are in the picture above) were physically fit, which was good as I tagged along behind them.

From the top of Mount Lassen (10462 ft.) I saw the other famous mountain, Shasta (14, 179 ft.) sitting majestically as if it was beconing me to try it. Well, I accepted the challenge and hope to hike it some day before I grow too old to walk. I heard that people die while trying to hike on it. Well better die trying...

No comments: