Saturday, February 19, 2011

Object of Curiosity

I am an object of curiousity here in Nigeria. The kids aren't ashamed to show it, and adults try to hide it, playing cool. They're fascinated with my skin, my freckles and my hair. It's all so different from what they're used to, and to be honest, I'm just as fascinated by them! I love that God's creativity is shown in his colorful people, all of whom bear His image.

When I told them they could touch my hair, they were all for it.

Freckles are fascinating. My paleness has never been appreciated in Cali, here my glow in the dark white skin is cool!

Having my hair plaited (braided); only my hair doesn't cooperate in the same way a Nigerian woman's would.

How does she look as a blonde?!?! I think she looks fabulous, and you can tell she thinks so too from the look on her face!!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Reading your posts is a highlight in my day Sarah! I love hearing about your and Uche's life in Nigeria and sharing it with our kids. Coming to visit you there is on my top 5 list of dream things I would like to do :)
Bless you both, xo, mindy