Sunday, July 1, 2007

4 years and counting

Saturday we celebrated our anniversary. Unbelievably, four years have gone since we got married. It's flown by! We look forward to the day we celebrate 44 years!

One of the many things I've learned through these years of infertility is that all the good things we have are blessings from God. I see Uche this way. God was not obligated to bring a husband to me, or even to bring one as wonderful as Uche. Even though most people end up getting married and having children, I know this is not always the case. Just because that's the way life most often turns out for people, I recognize now that even those things we expect to happen are special gifts from God. I'm so grateful for the blessing of my husband, and I want to always remember he is a gift to me. God didn't have to do this for me, but He did and I'm sooooo grateful. Thank you Lord!!

So, here's some pictures to show you how we spent the day. Our yard needed some serious work. So, Uche mowed and cleaned up and I worked in our garden. We're growing tomatoes, habanero chili peppers (for Uche), cucumbers and zucchini. It's gotten off to a rocky start. I don't think I have a green thumb, but nothing has died recently. So maybe I have a mint thumb, at least a pale green one.

Then we watched 24 for a couple hours. We love that show! We pulled ourselves away from 24 and went to dinner. The restaurant overlooks Shasta Lake so we enjoyed the view from our window table and ate good food. It was a nice anniversary.

1 comment:

Mr. Fields said...

hi guys!! belated happy anniversary. ^_^ we were in Peru on your anniversary and i told jon before we went to bed that it was your anniversary and made a mental note to email you when we wake up. of course i forgot!! so here it is, better late than never...Belated Happy 4th wedding anniversary!! ^_^