Friday, July 27, 2007

Trip & pictures

I've been wanting to post about our trip up north, so here it finally is! When the plans for a Multnomah reunion were being made we decided we'd not only go for that, but we'd also take a whole week and do the whole Pacific Northwest.
I went up a few days early to visit with friends, and Uche flew up to Seattle to meet me. Actually that was a great way to do it as I spent the days without Uche talking A LOT to my girl friends- he's glad he missed that!!
Uche and I went to Vancouver, B.C. for the day, so now Uche has been to Canada. We also spent a couple hours downtown Seattle. It was a definite whirl wind trip and we packed in as many visits with friends as possible! We enjoyed the Multnomah reunion. It was great for me to see old friends and Uche enjoyed meeting new people there.
It was great catching up with my friends in the NW. I don't get to see them very often, so we had a lot of catching up to do! As I get older and move around a lot, I really appreciate the friends I've made over the years. It's great to meet new people, but having history with someone is irreplaceable.
All in all it was a great trip, and I slept the whole way home cause I was so exhausted!!! Here's a few pics to enjoy...





So, I can't remember the name of this elephant at the Portland Zoo, but elephants are huge. Going to zoos always makes me appreciate God's creativity in his creation. I don't think I could've though up an elephant in a million years; all he did was say let there be elephants!



These poor little monkeys (or chimps, or whatever they were...) look how I felt. A Californian in the Northwest. We're all a little chilly all the time, and we're all looking for friends to huddle.







This self-portrait was taken by Shelby. Nice. We know how to have a good time! Actually, anytime spent with Shelbs is a good time!







Vancouver, B.C. This was taken from Stanley Park.

Fortunately there lots of tourists around to help take pics.






We set the camera up on the rock post for a timed picture, not bad, huh?

This was taken from the other side of Stanley Park.



Uche really like this bridge. It's the Lions Gate Bridge.


It reminded us of the Golden Gate, just green.

No comments: