Monday, November 30, 2009

Fore!

Yesterday was a holiday, so our landlord invited us to join him and two of his kids to go hit some golf balls at a driving range near our house. We enjoy doing this at home, so we were excited to join him. Uche has gone once before, but this was my first time going to the driving range here. I'm not sure I'll want to do it again in the States.
At home I have to haul my own bucket of balls to the area where I will hit. I also have to set up each ball I want to hit- not so here. See the girl in the picture below. She not only arranged to have bucket of balls delivered there, but she also set up each and every ball I hit. She would set up a ball on a tee, or if no tee was needed, she would set the ball on a little mound of packed dirt. Pretty much I just hit balls over and over. No bending over for me! I was a little scared at first that I would hit her, but she was unfazed. I guess she's gotten used to it since she does it all day, six days a week! Oh, she also cleaned the clubs when we were done and hauled them out to the car. Seriously, golf courses in the States have a long way to go....

I'm quite proud of this picture I took of Uche during his follow through. I used the sport setting and I like how it turned out!

I hope this picture was captured when I hit a ball, and not one of many swings and misses! You're not allowed to make fun of my form.
Can you see a spot of green past the 75 yard sign and a little to the right? This was one of my favorite things at the driving range. That's the guy who has the unfortunate job of collecting all the golf balls. He has a shield (the green thing) he holds while he does his job. I managed to hit him once when he was a little closer- it cracked me up. He probably didn't think it was as funny as I did. It was great to have something to aim for!



1 comment:

Lela said...

Its the way the girl is cringing in the picture with you that is really funny :-) That whole thing is hilarious!