Monday, April 18, 2011

Leaving Jos

Our last week in Jos was busy spent wrapping things up, saying goodbye, and packing. It's a lot of work to travel, and I often wonder why we do it so much! I have a feeling that our life will include lots of traveling, so it's good that we're becoming experts!





The youth gave Uche a thank you present. He was really touched by this because these kids sacrificed the little they had to purchase a beautiful watch for him.



Taking pictures with new friends. Nigerians don't smile for pictures. Which one has spent years outside of Nigeria???







I always get my hair braided before we leave. It's fun to come home with an exotic hairdo. For about $10 this girl came to our house and spent a few hours braiding.



You can see the attachments in the hands of one of the girls. They added this to my own hair to make it hold. I thought about adding some purple but didn't, maybe next time!







Here's the final product. We'll see how long I can keep it. Women here can carry it for months, but for me two weeks is about as much as I can handle. I'm usually desperate to wash my hair and my head itches, so it comes out!



No comments: