Saturday, April 9, 2011

Retreat

A couple weeks ago we joined a mission organization for their annual retreat. We had been asked to come and hang out with a couple boys and entertain them while the adults had their meetings. We said yes because we knew we'd have a great time hanging out with everyone and getting away for a few days.

This is the retreat center. They displayed pictures of how the center started in the early 1900s and its progression to today. It's getting close to its 100th birthday.


One morning we took the boys hiking. It was just a small hill so it didn't take long, and the view at the top was great!



I took this picture from the top of the hill, zooming as much as my camera would let me. It shows a traditional village compound for this area of Nigeria.



One afternoon local dancers came and did a show for us. All the different tribes have different cultural dances and they're beautiful to watch.



Drumming + dancing= good times!



Uche joining in! At any time any one can jump in and join the dancing or sometimes the women would pull people from the crowd to join in. Did I join???



Nope! See me hiding there on the outside of the circle! I don't dance cause I know my limitations, and Uche said he was gonna pay the women to make sure they didn't ask me to come dance.


No comments: