Monday, October 12, 2009

Uche lived to tell....

Yesterday I went to the dentist for the first time in my life! I never had any reason to go to the dentist before because I never had a toothache or hole or whatever. It's not that the thought of going for a dental check up (is there anything like that?) or the popular teeth cleanning has never crossed my mind. But there is a saying that who ever goes to the witch doctor must come back with some kind of news, good or bad, but mostly bad news. Same also with the dentist; once you visit them, you have started a long journey that you don't know where it will take you. You will have no choice than to keep going back again and again. You can't quit going once you start.

Anyway, being a brave man, I decided to take advantage of the affordable dentists here in the Philippines. There are Dental Clinics on almost every street in Metro Manila. All I can say is that I enjoyed my first trip to the dentist. The lady was friendly and knows her job. I was sure there would be an accident or something that would result to me getting a surgery, but thank God she was under the power of the Holy Spirit.

The only weird experience was the dentist yanking on my teeth. I thought she would pull my entire teeth out but sure she knew what she was doing. I was also disgusted to see what she was scraping off my teeth (yucky!), I won't offend you with the details. If you have never been to dentist, let me encourage you to visit one soon. You got stuff in your mouth.

My entire jaw was frazzled after the trip, but then I had to sit in a four hour class afterward and I even had to give a report in the class. Like I said, once you go there, you will keep going back; she asked me to come back in a month! for another cleanning!! Others see their dentist once or twice a year, but mine will be monthly!

No comments: