Saturday, October 31, 2009

Uche's grandma

Today, my grandma is being laid to rest. She sojourned in this world for one hundred and six years! She lived a great and successful life and was loved by almost every one in the village. She was strong and lived by herself till about a year ago. She was one of the strongest and most hardworking women I have ever seen. I lived with her till I was twelve. She loved me as every loving grandma could love their grand kids, but unlike most grandmas, she was a disciplinarian too. I'm glad she was firm with me that's why I turned out the way I am.

She lost her husband many years ago but refused to remarry, instead chose to stay and raise up her only daughter, my mom. She was devoted Chatholic and we used to go to early morning masses together. Till she died, I called her mma (mother), and called my mom Nda (auntie), or ate in Tagalog (Philippines language).
My grandma was the best grandma in the world and I love her dearly. I'm looking forward to seeing her in heaven someday.
Adieu Mma Anna! We your 6 grand children, 24 great grand children and your 2 great great grand children love you.

2 comments:

Toth's God Powered Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toth's God Powered Adventures said...

Uche,
Thanks for sharing the story of your mma with us. I am sure you will miss her greatly. What joy comes from knowing that you will see her again in heaven!!!